Dont buy the Sun.

Dont buy the Sun.
Hillsborough Justice campaign - Remember the 96.

Friday 23 November 2007

Things to do on the train

Rather than spend my whole journey to Leeds every day either (a) quietly fuming about TP and planning my revenge (b) reading loads of books and crap science (c) reading about football - currently more frustrating than either of the above because Liverpool are in a mess, Eire got totally humiliated in the Euro 2008 qualifiers, and England were just as bad, I also have been messing around with a few story ideas for some fiction.

After a few attempts at writing fiction, in which the tall, dirty blond, ex-musician, ex-high-jumper, half-Canadian hero saved humanity after a strenuous cross-country hike (which involved some exhilarating mountain bike descent's) by fitting solar panels to the roof of his new house, I decided that the advice given in all creative writing classes - write about what you know - can be taken too seriously.

Instead, I've now gone to the fall back of all imminently unsuccessful fiction writers - a children's fantasy book. I've developed a few plot lines, all of which, upon review seem familiar. For example, my latest idea involved my heroes embarking on an expedition. Perhaps I should be honest and say that they were embarking on an expotition. So, for the moment. all I am left with is the map of the world that my characters inhabit. And who might these characters be, you wonder? Well, is'nt it obvious, and without further ado, I should introduce the World of The Meeps. You should be able to click on the image for a bigger view.

1 comment:

JoeyMac said...

Beautiful. Not sure about kids, but Toulouse and Chupa have already pre-ordered.