Dont buy the Sun.

Dont buy the Sun.
Hillsborough Justice campaign - Remember the 96.

Monday 27 October 2008

Wake up and smell the Nobels

My anthropology lecturer's research assistant is very impressed with the gist of my "Civilization- WHY?" theories, so much so that he today encouraged me, after this morning's seminar to "go away and do some intensive research, and you might want to visit some sites - get some real fieldwork done - possibly India". I have already sworn him to secrecy, and offered him unpaid work as my research assistant, althoughI promised to buy him a few pints and a share of the millions that the Nobel will bring, but generously, he does'nt want 'in' on my idea, saying that "It was all yours" (ie mine). After further conversation, he seems more enthusiastic than ever that I travel, widely, as sson as possible and does offer to help in possibly securing me an extended fieldwork assignment away from Hull "If you go for two years, that would probably be ideal - time to gather data, and write up your observations". I express my gratitude and suggest that I could work with him when I get back. He expresses regret, and says that he'll have left Hull by the time I would get back, if I were to actually go this spring.

4 comments:

JoeyMac said...

I would be careful sharing that idea too early. Some profs with lax moarals would take your idea and try to publish it while you are off collecting data. BTW if you need a motorcycle support team for this trip, let me know. :)

Grasshopper said...

I wish I could suggest to my problem students that they go off to do "field work"! Thanks for the laugh, Martin.

Grasshopper said...

I wish I could suggest to my problem students that they go off to do "field work"! Thanks for the laugh, Martin.

Grasshopper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.